Friday, July 14, 2006

Another gem of a book

Recently I came across a book called "McKinsey Way" and read it quickly. What a book!

I am always an admirer of Mckinsey as I had a chance some years ago to work with them for a couple of months on a project for my company. I was quite impressed with what I saw. I had spent as a senior level executive in a Govt. owned company for over 21 years before I moved on to my present position. Management was nothing new to me. Working on projects also was nothing new, having worked on many important projects.

But what I saw at McKinsey blew my mind away.

When I read the book, I recalled those days vividly. I could immediately see why McKinsey is so successful. I had visited their NY and London offices and learnt a lot from them.

Go ahead and read it. It will tell you what consulting is all about.

If you can't buy the book, try in esnips. There is a copy as an ebook.

0 comments: