Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Who am I?

I attended a leadership session some time ago organized by my company. As part of the session, we were asked to write on the above topic in just 5 minutes. This is what I wrote:
===========================================
Who am I?

If I know this, I wouldn't be here.

I would like to be a human being, fun-loving, respecting elders, correct as much as possible in whatever I am thinking and doing. But am I all these?

I don't know.

I thought I was a kind person. But some people whom I have to discipline think that I am unkind.

I thought I was fun-loving. Many of my friends thought that I am a spoilsport when I didn't join them in their 'kind' of fun.

I thought I was respecting elders but there were occasions when I had to speak against their wishes.

I thought I was very good in my profession but there are people who think I am not good enough.

I thought I found what I wanted but I soon find it quite boring.

I thought I was very good at some sports but I did not count on aging and becoming slower.

I thought I was a good family man but then, why the hell there are differences within the family?

I know I cannot be everything to everybody but at least I would like to be what I want to be.
===========================================

What do you think?

2 comments:

Vidhya said...

Hey,

I think you know a lot about yourself. Knowing that you dont know is in itself a great achievement!

Krishnan said...

Thanks Vidhya. One of the first comments received on my blog. This will encourage me to write more.